Island Lake is pleased to now offer cat-assisted, guided ski touring on our 7,000-acre property during the of month April.
A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls and ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake a superb backcountry-touring destination.
- Island Lake offers single day tours as well as well as overnight trips from March 25th to closing. Contact the Island Lake Lodge Reservation Team for more information.
- Single day tours will be transported to the lodge at approximately 7 am and depart the lodge at 4:30 pm.
- Multiday trips will arrive at 5pm and will be transported to the lodge, with the ski tour program commencing the following morning. Multiday tours will depart the lodge at 4:30 on the last day of the tour. Single and Multiday trips will get a lift by cat into our terrain on each morning of the tour.
- Single day trips will receive coffee, tea and fruit on arrival at the lodge. Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- Multiday trips require a minimum of 5 people and include: 3 meals per day, accommodation, guides and use of lodge facilities - including the hot-tub. We will do our best to cater to your date request.
- Groups of 1-6 will include a full ACMG certified Ski Guide. The maximum number of guests that can be accommodated is 12 per day
- The nature of the ski tour can be catered to the group’s wishes. We can tailor the tour to ski focused or instructional, terrain and snowpack evaluation or a combination of wishes.
- We provide Mammut Barryvox Pulse Transceivers. Other avalanche gear is available upon request.
Prices: $129 per person
Day Ski Itinerary:
- Depart the Island Lake parking lot at 8:00 am for the lodge.
- Guests will arrive at the Lodge at 8:30 am to meet their guide, sign a waiver, and check equipment.
- The snow cat departs the Lodge at 9:00 am for a lift into the ski terrain.
- Guests will receive safety training once in the ski terrain and prior to skiing.
- Guests ski back to the Lodge.
- At 4:00 pm guests depart the Lodge in a snowcat for the parking lot.
- Prior backcountry ski touring experience with a minimum of strong intermediate downhill skiing skills.
- For first timers, we recommend the introduction to ski touring day on January 15th.
- Equipment can be rented from The Guides Hut (1-888-843-4885), or at The Gear Hub (1-250-423-5555)
Multi Day Tours including all meals & accommodation:
2, 3 or 4 nights:
Minimum 6 Guests
- Fully certified IFMGA and / or ACMG ski guide service.
- Snowcat ride into private ski terrain.
- Group safety equipment (radio, rescue kit, first aid supplies).
Not included in the price:
- Lunch and snacks.
- Personal ski touring boots, skis, skins or splitboard.
- Personal avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe).
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance or medical insurance.
Booking: For more information on ski touring or to book at trip, contact the Island Lake Reservation Team toll free at 1.888.422.8754 or email at email@example.com.
Trip Cancellation: A non-refundable full payment is required 7 days prior to your touring date.