The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities.
Whether you are interested in a 30 minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. We have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley. Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available.
Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local flora and fauna.
2016 Guided Hiking Schedule Call lodge for start times/to book, all hikes are classified as full day hikes except Tamarack Viewpoint/Lake Trail:
- Sunday July 3rd & Monday August 29th - BIG WHITE PEAK
Full day hike, challenging terrain
This hike begins on the Spineback Trail then continues on unmarked slopes at the far reaches of the Cedar Valley. Big White is found in the back of the second basin through a steep scree-slope leading to the widest and least steep access point. This is the only access to the Lizard Ranges’ ridge crest above Island Lake Lodge. Highlights include spectacular valley views and an abundance of beautiful glacier lilies which will be in full bloom at the end of June.
2016 Guided Hiking Rates for scheduled hikes or private bookings:
- Half Day Interpretive Hike – $20 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Full Day Hike – $99 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
- Call for pricing for off-property hikes including Heiko's Moutain Lakes Trail.
2016 Guided Hiking Schedule Call lodge for to book, all hikes are classified as full day hikes except Tamarack Viewpoint/Lake Trail:
- Sunday June 19th - Father's Day Family Hike
- Sunday July 3rd - Big White Peak
- Sunday July 17th - Mountain Lakes/Heiko's Trail
- Sunday July 31st - Tamarack Viewpoint Kids Hike
- Sunday August 7th - Mountain Lakes/Heiko's Trail
- Sunday August 21st - Lizard Lake Cabin Bowl Loop
- Monday August 29th - Big White Peak
- Sunday September 11th - Mountain Lakes/Heiko's Trail
Make sure to schedule time to enjoy lunch or dinner at the lodge or stay for a night and enjoy the most relaxing B&B experience in Fernie.