The 2nd Annual King of the Castle invites you to take on the mountain!
Racers challenge themselves with a vert filled adventure, climbing up to Castle Rocks, via Hyperextension.
Route: Roots Extension - Hyper Extension - Castle Rocks
- A tough 5km race, from the River Extension Road (off Coal Creek) to the top of Castle Rocks, via Hyperventilation. Race finishes at the top, but you'll still need to get yourself back down - that's the easy part though and can be run at a leisurely pace!
- NB: there is no water or fuel on course or at the top! Despite being 5km, it's a tough climb, so please carry your provisions for the up...and the down! There will be water, electrolytes, and snacks at the base.
Course: 5km, 677m climb
Entry: Details and registration info coming soon!
- includes $5 donation to Fernie Trails Alliance.
Anyone under 14 is welcome to race, but MUST race with an adult.
Schedule, Sunday July 2nd, 2017:
- 9:00 AM: Last Minute Bib Pickup - Race Start
- 10:00 AM: Race Start - River Extension Road
- 6:00 PM: Awards & Social - The Fernie Arts Station, 601 1st Ave
- 7:00 PM: Trails in Motion Film Festival - The Fernie Arts Station