A new trail running race organised by Stag Leap Running Co., sponsored by The North Face, and part of Fernie's Roll & Sole Festival.
Racers challenge themselves with a vert filled adventure, climbing up to Castle Rocks, via Hyperextension.
Route: Roots Extension - Hyper Extension - Castle Rocks
- A tough 5km race, from the River Extension Road (off Coal Creek), to the top of Castle Rocks, via Hyperventilation. Race finishes at the top, but you'll still need to get yourself back down - that's the easy part though and can be run at a leisurely pace!
- NB: there is no water or fuel on course or at the top! Despite being 5km, it's a tough climb, so please carry your provisions for the up...and the down! There will be water, electrolytes and snacks at the base.
Course: 5km, 677m climb
Race entry: Adult $25, Youth $10 ENTER ONLINE
- includes a The North Face giveaway, Pro Bar, Fernie Brewing Co. beer, snacks and $5 donation to Fernie Trails Alliance.
Anyone under 14 is welcome to race, but MUST race with an adult.
- July 2 5:00 PM - Bib Pickup - The Fernie Arts Station
- July 2 6:00 PM - Trails in Motion Film Festival - The Fernie Arts Station
- July 3 9:00 AM - Last Minute Bib Pickup - Race Start
- July 3 10:00 AM - Race Start - River Extension Road