The 8th annual Porky Blue is here! This is a classic Fernie social ride, it’s not a race but it will challenge you!
$44 registration fee (rate TBC for 2017) includes shuttle, water station, safety sweep, Fernie Trails Alliance Membership, beer garden ticket (Fernie Hotel) and door prizes. Sign up quickly!
This year t-shirts and hats are available for purchase. T-shirts purchased after July 2nd may not be available in all sizes. All profits go back into the Fernie trail system.
Online registration coming soon!
Tentative Details, TBC:
- Morning check-in and late registration opens at 8:30am at the Fernie Hotel (downtown on corner of 2nd Ave & 7th St)
- Shuttles will be leaving the Fernie Hotel at 10:00am sharp.
- Shuttle provided to top of Coal Creek summit (18km, 900 vertical metres)
- 30 km ride back to Fernie along Porky Blue Trail and Coal Discovery Trail (part of Ridgemont Trail System) - View Fernie Biking Trail Map
- This is a hard ride with 1,500 metres descending and 500 metres climbing (all riders complete in less than 4 hours)
- Water station, BBQ & snacks at 20 km mark with first aid station
- Trail sweep by FT & STC volunteers, check station and mandatory sign in/sign out.
- Dinner and beer garden after the ride at the Fernie Hotel.