Island Lake offers unrivalled guided ski touring on 7,000-acres.
A great mix of terrain including alpine bowls and ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks in one of the snowiest places in Canada.
- Island Lake offers single day tours as well as well as overnight trips on select dates during the season, and from March 28th to closing.
- Suitable for strong intermediate skiers with good fitness and the ability to climb uphill on skis.
- Groups of 1-6 will include a full ACMG certified Ski Guide. Maximum guests per day: 12.
- Ski tours can be tailored to focus or technique, terrain, or snowpack evaluation, or a combination of preferences.
- Mammut Barryvox Pulse Transceivers provided. Other avalanche gear is available upon request.
Price: $199 per person
- Prior backcountry ski touring experience with a minimum of strong intermediate downhill skiing skills
- Equipment can be rented from The Guides Hut (1-888-843-4885), or at The Gear Hub (1-250-423-5555
- Daily from April 2nd – 6th 2019
Day Ski Itinerary:
- Depart the Island Lake parking lot at 8:00 am for the lodge.
- Guests will arrive at the Lodge at 8:30 am to meet their guide, sign a waiver, and check equipment.
- Single day trips will receive coffee, tea and fruit on arrival at the lodge. Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- The snow cat departs the Lodge at 9:00 am for a lift into the ski terrain.
- Guests will receive safety training once in the ski terrain and prior to skiing.
- Guests ski back to the Lodge for a complimentary Fernie Brewing Company Beer.
- At 4:00 pm guests depart the Lodge in a snowcat for the parking lot.
Multi Day Tours:
Subject to availability and offered for 2, 3 or 4 night stays. Minimum 6 Guests.
Multiday trips will arrive at 5pm and will be transported to the lodge, with the ski tour program commencing the following morning. Multiday tours will depart the lodge at 4:30 on the last day of the tour. Single and Multiday trips will get a lift by cat into our terrain on each morning of the tour.
- Fully certified IFMGA and/or ACMG ski guide service.
- Snowcat ride into private ski terrain.
- Group safety equipment (radio, rescue kit, first aid supplies).
Not included in the price:
- Lunch and snacks.
- Personal ski touring boots, skis, skins or splitboard.
- Personal avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe).
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance or medical insurance.
Booking: For more information on ski touring or to book a trip, contact the Island Lake Reservation Team toll-free at 1.888.422.8754 or email at email@example.com.
Trip Cancellation: A non-refundable full payment is required 7 days prior to your touring date.