25+ Things To Do this Fall Season
Friday • September 8, 2017
Fall is a spectacular time of year to enjoy the mountains and the picturesque town of Fernie.
25+ Things to Do - Take your pick or check each off the list!
- Golf at Fernie Golf & Country Club open until October 9th (ask about their 1-hour loop!)
- Visit and explore Island Lake Lodge – open till October 9th - hike, dine, spa and even stay the night
- Hike the extensive trails from riverside walks to alpine adventures and everything in between
- Shop & dine at Historic Downtown’s unique and independent shops, cafes, restaurants, and pubs
- Fish, paddle, SUP the Elk River
- Get pampered at one of Fernie’s many spas or take in a yoga, spin class or fitness session
- Heritage Downtown Walking Tour (pick up the map!)
- Art Walk Tour (pick up the map!)
- Mountain bike over 100 trails from family friendly to advanced XC, all-mountain and DH.
- Swim time at Fernie Aquatic Centre
- Play tennis, baseball or disc golf at James White Park
- Take the kids to the playground at Rotary Park or Prentice Park/Elementary School
- Take in one of the many local events, live music, kids programs and other scheduled activities (tourismfernie.com/events)
- Take the kids to visit the ducks, throw rocks in the river and have a picnic at Annex Park
- Taste the local brews at Fernie Brewing Company
- Learn about Fernie’s engaging history at the Museum
- Take the family to the Dirt Jump Park and MTB Skills Park for some fun
- Take in a movie at the Vogue Theatre
- Have a cheese fondue party – Le Grand Fromage will set you up!
- Drop by the Beanpod for ‘made-from-scratch’ chocolate and gelato or head to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for candied apples, ice cream, and extensive chocolate delights
- Go indoor climbing at College of the Rockies or Evolution Fitness
- Drop by the Fernie Heritage Library for quiet time with views or programs for the kids like Toddlertime and Storytime, or Pizza League and VolunTeens for the bigger kids!
- Drop in on the Knit Clique at 10am on Wednesday at the Heritage Library – knitting, crocheting and any other yarny endeavour.
- Take the little ones (Ages 1-5) to Kindergym on Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays from 10am-11am
- Head to a local jam night or trivia night at one or all of our local pubs