The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities.
Whether you are interested in a 30-minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need, including the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley.
Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available. Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local flora and fauna.
Sunday June 18th - Fathers Day Family Hike (Tamarack Viewpoint or Lake Trail depending on weather, half day hike)
- TAMARACK TRAIL VIEWPOINT
4 km, elevation gain 200 m, 3 hours
The trail winds its way up the south-west slopes of Mount Fernie through beautiful stands of mature Larch, with an option part way to go to the stunning viewpoint. The trail continues up through open, grassy slopes to the dramatic rock crags of Mount Fernie.
- OR: LAKE TRAIL
A gentle hike around the peaceful Island Lake along shady, well worn pathways edged with moss, fungi and forest wildflowers. Glimpses of the sparkling lake and peaks above make this a magical hike that hikers of all ages can enjoy.
Celebrate Dad with a beautiful brunch!
Seatings at: 10am, 12pm & 2pm
Reservations required: call 250-423-3700 to book.
2017 Guided Hiking Rates for scheduled hikes or private bookings:
- Half Day Interpretive Hike – $45 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Full Day Hike – $99 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
- Call for pricing for off-property hikes including Heiko's Moutain Lakes Trail.
2017 Guided Hiking Schedule Call lodge for to book, all hikes are classified as full day hikes except Tamarack Viewpoint/Lake Trail:
- Sunday July 2nd - Big White Peak (Glacier lilies are out!)
- Sunday July 16th - Mountain Lakes/Heiko's Trail
- Sunday July 30th - Lizard Lake
- Sunday August 6th - Mountain Lakes/Heiko's Trail (Primetime for Alpine Wildflowers)
- Sunday August 20th - Lizard Lake Cabin Bowl Loop
- Sunday August 27th - Big White Peak
- Sunday September 10th - Mountain Lakes/Heiko's Trail
Make sure to schedule time to enjoy lunch or dinner at the lodge or stay for a night and enjoy the most relaxing B&B experience in Fernie.