The 8th annual Porky Blue is here! This is a classic Fernie social ride, it’s not a race but it will challenge you!
$40 (+$4 admin fee) registration includes shuttle (first 100 registrants only) numbered race plate, dinner & beer garden ticket (Fernie Hotel). Sign up quickly!
Registration NOW OPEN
Details, updated July 25th:
- Morning check-in and late registration opens at 8:30am at the Fernie Hotel (downtown on corner of 2nd Ave & 7th St).
- Shuttle provided for the first 100 registrants to top of Coal Creek summit (18km, 900 vertical metres)
- Shuttles leave the Fernie Hotel at 10:00am sharp.
- 30 km ride back to Fernie along Porky Blue Trail and Coal Discovery Trail (part of Ridgemont Trail System) - View Fernie Biking Trail Map
- This is a hard ride with 1,500 metres descending and 500 metres climbing (all riders complete in less than 4 hours).
- Some alterations to route this year - please see official website for details.
- Water station, BBQ & snacks at 20 km mark with first aid station
- Trail sweep by FT & STC volunteers, check station and mandatory sign in/sign out.
- Dinner and beer garden after the ride at the Fernie Hotel.