The Fernie Chautauqua and Fall Fair is an annual fall festival celebrating local art, music, heritage, and cuisine.
This three-day cultural extravaganza is hosted by the Fernie Museum, The Fernie Arts Station, Fernie Chamber of Commerce, Fernie Heritage Library, and Wildsight.
Tentative 2017 Schedule, for full details and updates, please see the official event website:
- 7PM, Fernie Heritage Library: Booked! Fernie Writers' Series Presents: Angie Abdou - In case I go, with members of the Ktunaxa Nation.
- 5:30-9:30PM, Chautauqua Stage: Kootenay Hootenany with Craig Moritz
- ALL DAY, Historic Downtown Fernie Chautauqua: Pancake Breakfast, Opening Ceremonies, Live Entertainment, Ktunaxa Cultural Demonstrations, Children's Activities, Antique Car Show, Open Doors at Fernie Historical Locations, Art Walk, Culture Crawl.
- 10AM-3PM: Fall Fair at City Hall. Clydesdale-drawn wagon rides, Classic Carnival Games, Blue Ribbon Contests, Chili Cook-Off, Mountain Market, Agricultural Displays, Apple Pressing Workshops, Blacksmithing, Cotton Candy, Tin Can Alley, and more...
- 11AM: Christ Church: Interdenominational Chautauqua Community Service.
- 2-4PM, Fernie Senior's Centre: Chautauqua Afternoon Tea.
- 5-8PM, Fernie Family Centre: Harvest Spaghetti Supper with Bohdan S. Kordan, who will read from his book No Free Man.
For more details on Chautauqua & Fall Fair, bookmark the festival website and Facebook page.