The mountains around Fernie ring with the sound of fresh Canadian Indie Music each August.
Wapiti is the most fun you can have with all your family and friends right here in town!
The 2020 Festival will be held on August 7 & 8, featuring THE SHEEPDOGS. Check out Wapiti's website for up-to-date concert details.
Live music on Friday evening and all day Saturday from noon. Event closes each night at 11pm - visitors are encouraged to head downtown for more live music in Fernie's funky and fun bars late into the night.
The low down:
- Easy walking or biking distance from all downtown locations & accommodations.
- Secure Bike Storage - limited parking for vehicles
- FREE for under 12's and over 65's - this is a family friendly event
- One main stage for all the bands- no switching viewpoints!
- Kid's craft tents & activities
- Food & Craft Vendors
- Merch Tent
- Beverage Gardens serving Fernie Brewing Company Beers and BC Wines & Ciders (remember to bring your reusable glasses from previous years!)
- Located between the river and the duck pond at Annex Park, with spectacular mountain views, lawns and mature trees.
Past performers have included:
- The British Columbians
- The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer
- The Matinee
- Elliot Brood
- Shred Kelly
- Five Alarm Funk
- Delhi 2 Dublin
- and many many more!
Snow Valley Lodging, Red Tree Lodge, Park Place Lodge, Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge, Canadas Best Value Inn, 901 Fernie and Fernie RV Resort are all within walking/biking distance.