Tourism Fernie is a destination marketing organization that communicates to local, regional, national and international audiences. Communications educate and inform audiences about Fernie as a travel destination and promotes travel packages and specials. Tourism Fernie doesn't use anyone's information without formal approvals. Tourism Fernie does not sell anyone's collected information to anyone.
As part of the communications and marketing initiatives Tourism Fernie collects information from its audiences in the following ways:
- Email Newsletter Sign Up Form on TourismFernie.com. This collects email addresses only from those that formally opt-in to receive email newsletters. Each email newsletter has an unsubscribe link.
- Contest Forms on TourismFernie.com or via an iPad Contest Form at consumer trade shows. Forms ask for name, email, age (to ensure at least 18 years old for contest regulations), province/country and if you want to opt-in for email newsletters. Those that have entered contests are collected into a database. The database is used to choose a winner and for those that opted-in for the email newsletter they are then entered into the email newsletter database. Those that didn't opt-in are officially erased from that database and thus not included in any future communications.
- Remarketing Audiences. Tourism Fernie uses Google Adwords, Facebook Ads to conduct digital marketing campaigns to create awareness of Fernie as a travel destination and to promote travel offers and content (such as Fernie travel videos and images). Website and campaign tracking mechanisms are in place to collect 'audiences' by way of tracking your IP addresses if you have showed interest in any of our campaigns or content or website. Tourism Fernie can then market more specific travel content or offers to those tracked audiences in efforts to encourage visitation to Fernie. Tourism Fernie knows nothing more about the people within these audiences.
- You can choose not to see these targeted ads or any other targeted ads by changing the privacy settings in your web browser settings, Facebook settings, etc.
- Facebook Advertising. Tourism Fernie conducts marketing campaigns on Facebook. Some specifically target Tourism Fernie's Facebook page fans and some target other Facebook users through Facebook's targeting options. You can adjust the settings within your Facebook page to determine what or how much targeted ad content you see when you're on Facebook.