Whether you are new to the sports of skiing and snowboarding or are looking to build your skills, the Fernie Alpine Resort Winter Sports School offers a range of programs and lessons, for children, youth and adults.
Choose from private, group or speciality lessons, and half-day, full-day and multi-day programs. Come and join our team of fun certified ski & snowboard professionals who will guide you to your best mountain resort experience ever! Our pros are certified and trained in alpine skiing, snowboarding, telemark and cross-country. Our mountain is our home, and winter sports our passion, let us share this with you!
- Learn to Ski or Snowboard (ask about cross-country skiing, telemark skiing)
- Half or Full-Day
- Group lessons or private
- Group Clinic - Improve your skills at any ability level (max ratio 1:10)
- Available any day for 2 hours at 10:30 am or 1:30 pm
- 3-Day Group Clinic
- Three consecutive half or full-days of ski or snowboard lessons available to any ability
- Starts on a Wednesday or Saturday for 3 days
- Private Coaching/Lessons
- Available any day for 1.5 hours, 2 hours, 3 hours or 6 hours
- First Tracks Private Session
- Get on the lift before everyone else! One of our Pro's will take you up the chairlift at 8 am for first tracks before the lifts open at 9 am.
- 2-hour guiding program for up to 3 people. Must register the day before.
- Steep & Deep Camps
- Two-day camp exploring Fernie's famous steep and deep terrain. Includes coaching, video analysis, lift line priority and apres ski.
- Must be a minimum level 5 skier or snowboarder.
- Mountain Guide
- Book one of our fun mountain tour guides for 2 or 4 hours to learn the mountain and have a fun-filled day.
- For multi-week or additional programs visit the resort website
- 'Learn to Fatbike' Session
- Spend two hours with an experienced guide, exploring the trails and learning tips for biking in the snow.
- $69, includes rental, helmet, and lesson.
- Departs 1.30pm on weekends and holidays.
WEEKLY ACTIVITIES & TOURS - extended program for 2018 - 2019!
- Call 250-423-2406 to book all programs:
- Tuesday Snowshoe & Pasta Dinner
- Departs from Lizard Creek Lodge at 5 pm, drop-ins welcome
- 1.5hr snowshoe hike, followed by a delicious pasta dinner with paired wine
- Adults $43.05 + tax, Children $22.50 + tax. Includes snowshoe rentals, guided tour, & dinner
- Wednesday Vinyasa Yoga Class
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm at Lizard Creek Lodge
- $10, inc tax. Mat rental $5.
- Thursday Fatbike Ride & Dine
- 5:00 pm - 7:30pm
- A 1.5 hr guided fatbike ride followed by a delicious burger & beer at Legends Mountain Eatery
- $60 + Taxes, includes guided ride, fatbike rental, burger/beer & gratuity
- Saturday Stretch & Warm Up Class
- 7:30 - 8:30 am at Lizard Creek Lodge
- $10, inc tax. Mat rental $5
- Saturday Uptracking Tour
- Departs from Lizard Creek Lodge at 5pm
- 2hr 'skin' up and ski back down followed by a cocktail at Cirque
- $46.50 + tax. Includes gear, $28.50 without gear
- Nordic Sundays
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- A guided instructional tour on the groomed Nordic System
- $29 + tax
FAMILY & KIDS PROGRAMS:
Kids Clinic are for ages 6-12. Programs for 5 years and under are offered through the Child Care Centre
Ask about the kids multi-week programs available.
- Family Coaching/Lesson Program
- Improve your skills as a family with a private ski or snowboard certified instructor
- For up to 2 adults and 3 kids
- Half or full-day option
- Learn to Ski or Snowboard
- For first timers
- Group or private lessons for half or full-day
- Group Camp- Improve skills (max ratio 1:10)
- Half or full-day. Add supervised lunch with full-day option
- Kids Adventure Camps
- 3-day program for all abilities. Starts each Sunday or Wednesday for 3 consecutive days
- Add supervised lunch option
- Private Coaching/Lessons
- Available any day for 1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours, 3 hours or 6 hours
Youth Freeride Camps Ages 13-17
- A 3-day half or full-day ski or snowboard camp for all abilities.
- Includes a video session and apres ski video review
Fernie Alpine Resort is an all-mountain active playground. Check out Summer & Winter activities, attractions, services and events to keep the whole family happy for days!