20 Things to Do in Fernie this May & June
Like us you may be feeling a little down with the end of the ski season. With warm sunny days coming ahead, there's plenty of reason to smile with zero excuses to be bored this Spring.
Here are our Top 20 Things To Do in Fernie, BC in May & June.
5. Relax and rejuvenate at one of Fernie’s day spas.
6. Enjoy an easy family-friendly nature walk or bike ride! Pick up the Easy Hiking or Biking Brochure at the Fernie Visitor Centre.
7. Visit Fairy Creek Falls. The waterfall will be raging this time of year due to the spring melt. Best bring a rain jacket.
8. Sample some locally produced sweet delights at Beanpod Coffee, Chocolate and Gelato. Artisan chocolate is made inhouse, and you can witness the manufacturing process and learn about the bean-to-bar process instore.
9. Hit the links or driving range at Fernie Golf Club. The driving range is already open and the course is set to open mid May.
10. Attend one of Fernie’s many great events, programs, tours, live music events and more. See what's happening in town during your visit in our events listings.
11. Visit the Fernie Museum to learn about the coal mining history.
12. Get some retail therapy and shop your heart out at locally-owned specialty stores.
17. Explore Fernie’s food truck scene on HW #3 or enjoy the diverse dining options along 2nd and 7th Avenue. Miner's Mud serves delicious coffee and fresh baked goodies daily from 6AM to 1PM, while The Chopstick Truck serves delightful Asian Fusion cuisine from 11.30AM until 7PM.
18. Complete the Trail To Ale challenge. Bike, hike or run 3 peaks within 24hrs to earn a beer at Fernie Brewing Company. Check in with the locals about the current trail conditions and consider supporting local trail organizations for their hard work on maintaing Fernie's trails.
19. Ride Fernie’s extensive mountain bike trails. Need a rental, lesson or service? Fernie offers it all!
20. Hit the jumps at the Dirt Jump Bike Park.
You can keep this list handy during your time in town and download a copy to your smart device.