Visitors are now welcome in Fernie, safely. Know before you go. Be safe. Be kind. Have fun!
BC is now in Phase 3 which allows for non-essential travel. We all want summer to be enjoyable as we respect the provincial health and physical distancing guidelines, see below, while exploring our town’s outdoors, activities, shops, restaurants and attractions. Please also see our COVID-19 specific web page for regular updates on travel advisories and more.
View images of local businesses with safety top of mind. Local businesses are all open for business.
Questions? Our website has tons of information to get you started. For more details contact individual businesses directly or call the Fernie Visitor Centre staff at 1-778-519-0748 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you arrive in town, staff at the Fernie Visitor Centre, located on Hwy 3 east of town, open daily from 9am – 5pm, will be available to help answer any of your questions.
Here’s what we’re doing to protect you when you come to Fernie and to ensure a positive experience:
- All accommodators, restaurants, shops, and stores have implemented and posted provincially approved guidelines for safety, cleaning and physical distancing to keep staff and visitors healthy. Ask businesses directly on how they are helping to keep you safe.
- Signage throughout the community will help provide information and guidelines.
- Visit our COVID-19 specific web page for regular updates: tourismfernie.com/news/coronavirus-covid-19
Here’s what we’re asking of you to help keep locals and other visitors safe, and to ensure a positive experience for everyone:
Before arriving to Fernie:
- Know before you go. Visit TourismFernie.com for updates, call the Visitor Centre or contact individual businesses for details specific to your trip.
- Plan to make SMART decisions:
- S - Stay home or self-quarantine if you are not feeling well
- M - Measure your physical distancing and group size (6 ft from those outside your family or travelling/household group, keep groups to 6 adults or less)
- A - Approriate behaviour is essential. Take responsibility for your actions. Wash your hand frequently, cough into your sleeve, wear a mask when physical distancing isn't achievable
- R - Respect others and protocols. Accept that there are new ways of travelling, doing businesses and participating in activities which are all put in place to keep us ALL safe. Be kind, do not judge and do not discriminate.
- T - Together we will beat COVID-19 through SMART decisions
- Book activities in advance. Make reservations for lodging. View our 20 Great Things To Do in Fernie this Summer
- Fernie is a small community with limited supplies. We encourage visitors to bring their own personal protective equipment such as hand sanitizer, gloves and masks.
- If you have been sick in the week prior to travelling or have cough, flu like symptoms, we recommend that you reschedule your trip. Our businesses have flexible cancellation policies.
While in Fernie:
- Please adhere to physical distancing (6 feet) between anyone outside of your family or traveling unit. If physical distancing is difficult than wear a mask.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Be kind, respectful and have patience with others. Please read and adhere to signage. We are all in this together and our community and businesses are working under specific guidelines and very unique circumstances to ensure your safety while providing a quality experience and product.
- COVID-19 safety guidelines have reduced the number of customers businesses can cater to at any given time. Many businesses have times when they are busier vs less busy within a given day or day of the week. Consider calling ahead to confirm the best times so you may be serviced more quickly.
- Contact restaurants and stores to check on current hours and how busy they may be. Most offer take-out, delivery and/or pick-up services.
- Help keep our first responders safe and hospitals able to handle all needs by playing safe and staying within your limits as you explore and partake in adventures in our amazing area.
- Keep your dog on leash throughout town, on community trails and in local parks. There is an off-leash dog park in town off 13th Street just past the Recycle Depot.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your courtesy. We look forward to having you in Fernie!