20 Summer Activities in Fernie for 2023
Check out these 20+ great things to do in Fernie, BC this summer!
Fernie offers a vast variety of lodging options and price points. Looking for a deal? View Fernie hotel and package specials.
When exploring our spectacular outdoors please Leave No Trace, be Wildsafe and AdventureSmart.
1. Explore Historic Downtown
Visit Historic Downtown lined with century old heritage buildings, shops, restaurants, cafes, patios and attractions.
3. From mild to wild!
Take a guided scenic river tour, from family floats and full white water rafting adventures, to SUP and kayaking.
4. Cast a Line Fly Fishing for Trout
Experience world-class fly fishing for cutthroat or bull trout on the freestone Elk River. Hire a local guide for the best experience
5. Enjoy an easy family-friendly nature walk or bike ride!
Pick up the Easy Hiking or Biking Brochure at the Fernie Visitor Centre to see out recommended trails for the family.
6. Ride Fernie’s extensive mountain bike trails.
Need a rental or lesson? Want to joing a group ride? Fernie offers it all! Learn More
7. Get your adrenaline rush at Fernie Alpine Resort lift access bike park
They have easy trails too, organized bike clinics and races for adults and youth. Visit Fernie Alpine Resort's bike park.
8. Relax and pamper yourself at one of Fernie’s day spas.
There's a wide selection of spas and treatments to choose from. Visit Fernie's Spas here.
9. Hit the driving range at Fernie Golf Club.
We promise this beautiful golf course with 360 Rocky Mountain Views will not disappoint, no matter the handicap. Find details here.
11. Visit Beanpod Coffee, Chocolate and Gelato
Taste artisan chocolate and learn about the bean-to-bar process at one of Canada's few traditional chocolate makers right here in Fernie. Learn more
13. Hang Out at the Splash Park or Beach
Cool off at the outdoor Splash Park, along the Elk River or nearby lakes such as Loon, Tie or Surveyors Lake.
14. Enjoy a scenic chairlift ride at Fernie Alpine Resort.
Day tickets,season passes and Ride & Dine packages are available. Learn more
15. Hike, sightsee, canoe, dine and spa at the Island Lake Lodge.
For the 2023 summer season, the Island Lake Lodge is open from June 25th to September 12th on selected days. Call or check online before you visit.
16. Visit the museum, view local works of art along Fernie’s Art
Walk or take a guided or self-guided Heritage Walking Tour.
17. Enjoy beach volleyball, tennis, baseball or disc golf at local parks around town.
Explore all activities at Fernie's Parks or hit the jumps at the Dirt Jump Bike Park.
19. Take in a blockbuster movie at the Vogue Theatre.
Ideal for when it's too hot or rainy outside! Visit this charming movie theatre.
20. Attend one of Fernie’s many great events, programs, live music, markets, festivals and more.
Visit our events calendar for all that's happening and details.
Get the full list of Things to Do in Fernie! to your devices
Need help planning a summer to remember? Download our 2023 Travel Guide