Fernie's original sporting goods store, started by local ski luminary, the late Heiko Socher in 1967.
The first store was located at Fernie Alpine Resort (then Fernie Snow Valley) and moved to downtown Fernie in the early 1970s. In 1986, Ralph Simpson started working for Heiko & Linda Socher, and later purchased the shop with his wife Zuzana in 2001. Ralph passed away in 2008 and Zuzana has been the owner since.
Ski Base is the original home of The Griz.
BIKES (Mountain/Cruiser/BMX, clothing, protection, tools, parts/components, child carriers & accessories):
- Specialized, Kona, Dakine, Poc, Giro, Bell, Radio, We the people, Smith, Sugoi, IXS, SRAM, Shimano, Raceface, DMR, HT, Park Tool, Blackburn, 49North, SuperB, Axiom, Toppeak, Ergon, Muc-Off, Oakley, Rossignol, Camelbak, Maxxis, Evo, Thule
WINTER GEAR (Skis, boards, boots, poles, XC, fat bikes, insoles)
- Salomon, Rossignol, Icelantic, Head, Ride, Vans, Flow, Specialized, Sidas
SHOES (Hike, run, sandal):
- Salomon, Merrel, Keen, Oboz, New Balance, Asics, Teval, Oneil
CLOTHING (Technical wear, casual, swimsuits, hats):
- Royal Robins, Mountain Hardware, Columbia, O’neil, Dakine, Smartwool, Fig, Lole, Skye, Pistil, Salomon, Rossignol, Strafe, Dakine, Kombi, Orage, Thermic, Sidas
EYEWEAR (Sunglasses, Bike Goggles):
NUTRITION (Gels, bars, drink tablets etc):
- Hammer, Honey Stinger, Clif, Nuun
BEAR PROTECTION (Bells, spray, horns etc)
SOUVENIERS (Clothing, trinkets etc):
- Fernie branded, Griz branded, Trail maps etc.
- High-end bike tunes (suspension service, wheel builds, bearing overhauls)
- Bike rentals (XC/Downhill/Fatbike townies)
- Shop rides & demo days
- Ski/snowboard/XC full tuning service (high-quality base repair, custom base grinds, sharpening, waxing etc),
- Ski Demos
- XC rental
- Snowshoe rental
- Fat bike rental
- In-depth ski/board boot fitting & custom sports insoles