This one-day seminar welcomes avalanche professionals and recreationalists alike to engage in vibrant discussions and learn from fellow avalanche practitioners.
Doors Open 8 AM - 4 PM
Industry Social 4 PM - 8 PM
Featuring avalanche safety presentations from industry professionals, sponsor booths, prizes, lunch and learn, and Apres Social.
A variety of topics will include case studies of past events and information on the latest snow safety gear.
2023 Speakers to be announced. 2022's guest speakers included:
- Matt MacDonald
- Dialing in Your Weather Workflow
- Join mountain meteorologist and snow lover Matt MacDonald for an overview of the Forecaster Funnel approach to looking at weather.
- Lisa Larson
- Trip Planning Like a Professional
- Lisa will look at a Daily Process using digital tools and AvCan resources that can be used to plan and execute a trip plan like a pro.
- Bruce Jamieson
- A More Visual Method For Rating Avalanche Size
- Bruce and colleagues from Pyrenees, the US and Canada, propose a more visual method for estimating avalanche size.
- Ben Jackman
- Mt Proctor Near Miss – Biases and Situational Awareness
- An exploration of biases at play and situational awareness that lead to a near miss during a ski touring day on Mt Proctor on March 16, 2020.
- Simon Piney
- Snowmobile Rescues in Avalanche Terrain
- An overview of the regulatory and safety framework that search and rescue teams are bound by when responding in avalanche terrain.
Tickets now on sale PURCHASE ONLINE.
General Admission $40
Hot Lunch $20
Additional information is available online.