Hit up 4 of Fernie's trails and win a beer and a bowl of ice-cream at the Fernie Hotel!
Complete all 4 challenges within 72 hours. Bonus prize entries for multisport use! The Fernie Nordic Society trials will be free for non-members between 7 p.m. on Thursday March 1st (kick off event at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre, Griz edition of the Full Moon Ski and Social) to Sunday March 4th at 7 p.m.
Prove you’ve completed each leg by taking a time-stamped selfie at each of the 4 “Snow to Ice” signs! More chances for prizes for: multi-sport (while following the trail rules) and wearing plaid!
Finish at the Fernie Hotel Pub on Sunday March 4th before 7 p.m. where showing your photo evidence will win you Ice cream (all ages) and a glass of FBC beer (+19)! Share on Facebook, using all the social media hashtags for more chances at prizes
Brought to you by the Fernie Nordic Society and the FTA.
(In any order):
1. Elk Valley Nordic Centre – sign is located at intersection of the Galloway loop and Grunt/Runt connector. This is a cross-country skiing only trail (no dogs).
2. Montane – sign is located at the Montane Hut. Snow bike, cross-country ski, or snowshoe (dogs allowed)
3. Fernie Golf and Country Club – sign is located at the concession stand. This is a cross-country skiing only trail (no dogs).
4. Ridgemont – sign is located at the top of Kiddy Up. Bike, snowshoe, or cross-country ski for the more adventurous (dogs allowed)
1. If you aren’t a Fernie Nordic Society member, you will need to sign in before you ski for free. There will be volunteers on hand to help between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre and the Fernie Golf and Country Club on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You can also sign in at the Griz edition Full Moon Ski & Social on Thursday March 1st and get your first selfie!
2. Obey all trail rules and closures.
3. Photos must include the “Snow to Ice” sign and each participant.
The Fernie Nordic Society assumes no liability for individuals participating in the Snow to Ice event. Participate at your own risk, always check the trail conditions, and be prepared. We recommend you do this with a friend, but if you’re going solo, always let a friend know where you’re going and when you’re expected to be back.
Join the event on Facebook to stay up to date with prizes, sponsors and more!See the full Nordic Society Calendar for more great events!