The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities.
Whether you are interested in a 30-minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. We have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley.
Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available. Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local environment.
- BIG WHITE PEAK
Sunday, July 28th
- Full day hike, challenging terrain
This hike begins on the Spineback Trail then continues on unmarked slopes at the far reaches of the Cedar Valley.
Highlights include spectacular valley views and an abundance of beautiful glacier lilies which will be in full bloom at the beginning of July.
Big White is found in the back of the second basin through a steep scree-slope leading to the widest and least steep access point.
This is the only access to the Lizard Ranges’ ridge crest above Island Lake Lodge.
Call lodge to book 250-423-3700
Guided Hiking Rates:
- Half Day Hike – $49 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Full Day Hike – $109 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
- Overnight Hikes - $300 for 2 people. Additional people $50 each.
Sunday Guided Hiking Schedule
- July 14th - Heiko's Trail
- July 28th - Big White Peak
- August 4th - Heiko's Trail (Primetime for Alpine Wildflowers)
- August 11th - Spineback/Goldilocks
- August 25th - Spineback/Goldilocks
- September 8th - Heiko's Trail
Make sure to schedule time to enjoy lunch or dinner at the lodge or stay for a night and enjoy the most relaxing B&B experience in Fernie.