Fernie welcomes visitors including out-of-province visitors, but safely, please read below.
View images of just a few of our local businesses with safety top of mind.
Dr Bonnie Henry's Play Safe this Summer and Fall
Tips on planning your visit to Fernie, BC this summer & fall.
BC is allowing both provincial and inter-provincial travel. BUT, we must all travel SMART and be respectful of local safety and business procedures. The Canada-USA border is still closed to all non-essential travel until at least the end of September, and is expected to remain closed through the fall season. Please expect and respect the new safe ways of experiencing Fernie this summer and fall. Businesses are open again, however with guidelines, new hours and procedures in place, please adhere to signs.
We all love to travel and explore, and tourism is a very important industry for our community, so please feel free to contact us in your trip planning.
To ensure the stop of spreading any cold, flu or viruses, including COVID-19:
- Practice social / physical distancing - Stay 6 feet away from those not within your family or travelling unit.
- Keep gatherings small - 6 adults or less, especially indoors, and stay apart from other groups
- Wear a mask when you can't do proper distancing (bring your own please)
- Wash your hands frequently and have hand santizer with you at all times. (bring your own please)
- Stay home or away from others when not feeling well
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm when you cough/sneeze
- Don't touch your face with unclean hands
Additional Links & Information:
Update from the Elk Valley Doctors - September 21, 2020
BC's COVID-19 Tracker
Alberta's COVID-19 Tracker
BC's Dr Bonnie Henry's 8 Key Principles
City of Fernie
Fernie Fresh Food Share
Salvation Army Fernie - Facebook Page
Regional District of East Kootenay
Interior BC Health Authority
Regional News Source E-Know
Local Business Information & Support - Updates from the Fernie Chamber of Commerce
Canadian Government Support for Individuals & Businesses
BC Government Support for Individuals & Businesses
Elk Valley COVID Support Team
CDC's instructions on making DIY face coverings
About the Coronavirus.
BC Centre for Disease Control
Government of Canada Public Health