Monday • March 1, 2021
All confirmed cases from January have recovered, no new cases in Fernie since.
BC Gov't travel, mask, event and gathering restrictions are in place until further notice by the BC Government. See more details below. Like you, we're passionate about exploring but now is not the time to travel or gather with those outside your household. We must all do our part to see restrictions ease as soon as possible.
As of February 19th Interior Health has confirmed that all COVID-19 cases in Fernie have recovered, with no new cases. A total of 97 cases had been identified in Fernie in January due to social gatherings. Additional details via BC CDC and Interior Health media releases. For the week of February 19 - 25th BC CDC had 9 active cases in the East Kootenay region.
Are you a resident or property owner in Fernie? Visit FernieStrong.com
The BC Gov't has begun with vaccination for the most vulnerable and will continue through 2021, view BC's immunization plan.
NOTE: 'Orders' are enforcable by law in BC
1) ORDER - No social gatherings (this includes non-residents in BC), must limit to immediate household (exception for single-person households). Special important gatherings of up to 10 for funerals/weddings etc allowed if protocols followed and safety plan developed and available. View BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
2) Travel Advisory - BC Government stipulates that non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province. For example: do not travel for a vacation or to visit friends or family outside of your household or core bubble*. View BC Gov't restrictions in detail. Please postpone your trip.
* Core Bubble, as per BC Government Social Gatherings Order, for most people is their immediate household. An immediate household is a group of people who live in the same dwelling.
For example: If you have a rental suite in your home, the suite is a separate household. If you live in an apartment or house with roommates, you are all members of the same household.
For others, including people who live alone, their core bubble may also contain a partner, relative, friend or co-parent who lives in a different household. This should be a maximum of two people outside of those living in your immediate household.
3) ORDER - Masks mandatory in public indoor spaces, this includes common areas, retail and dining (but not at your table when eating/drinking). Exemptions for those with health conditions (can't wear one), those who can't put a mask on independently and for children under 12 years of age. View BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
4) ORDER - No events/gatherings where people come together from different households (ie. original rule of up to 50 people not supported). View BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
The Canada-USA border is closed to all non-essential travel until at least March 21, and may potentially remain closed longer. New further restrictions and requirements on International Travel by the Canadian Government. International/Overseas visitation for leisure travel purposes is not permitted at this time.
If you are unwell, a COVID -19 test can be booked online at www.interiorhealth.ca and by following the link to "Book a Covid-19 Test”. Alternatively, the Test Booking Phone line can be reached by calling 1-877-740-7747. Our testing centre is in Sparwood. We can now test for COVID-19 by a saline gargle test for persons over the age of 4.
To ensure the stop of spreading any cold, flu or viruses, including COVID-19: