Monday • April 19, 2021
NEW BC government restrictions in place.
Premier Horgan 2pm PST April 19th News Conference Update - Starting Friday April 23rd until May 24th a No 'Non-Essential Travel' Order is in place for all of BC. Indoor dining restriction extended to May 24th. See below.
As BC flattens the curve and continues to increase vaccinations we plan for safe domestic (regional/inter-provincial) travel to open in late May or June.
Visiting for essential reasons? Then also read this.
In the Elk Valley, within which Fernie lies, there are 8 active case as of April 10th, down from 13. Additional details via BC CDC and Interior Health media releases. Local Doctor's Update - April 1st
Are you a resident or property owner in Fernie? Visit FernieStrong.com
The BC Gov't has begun vaccinations for the most vulnerable, and local area vaccination is started. View BC's immunization plan.
NOTE: 'Orders' are enforcable by law in BC
1) ORDER - No social gatherings indoors (this includes non BC residents in BC), must limit to only immediate household (exception for single-person households). Outdoor social gatherings of up to 10 people (must be same 10) is still allowed. Special important gatherings of up to 10 for funerals/weddings etc allowed if protocols followed and safety plan developed and available. View all BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
2) ORDER - BC Government confirmed no non-essential travel between April 23 - May 24th. Random highway checks may take place. Signage may be placed at the border with Alberta to inform traffic. Accommodation bookings/stays not to be permitted for non-essential non-local travel. View all BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
3) ORDER - Masks are still mandatory in public indoor spaces, this includes common areas, retail and dining (but not at your table when eating/drinking). Exemptions for those with health conditions (can't wear one), those who can't put a mask on independently and for children under 12 years of age. View all BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
4) ORDER - Suspension of indoor dining until May 24th. Patio, pick-up, take-out, and delivery with local cafes, restaurants and pubs is allowed. Please support these businesses. View our updated Where to Eat List. View all BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
5) ORDER - No events/gatherings where people come together from different households (ie. original rule of up to 50 people not supported). View BC Gov't restrictions in detail.
The Canada-USA border is closed to all non-essential travel until at least April 21st. Canadian and US officials are discussing reopening plans. Current restrictions and requirements on International Travel by the Canadian Government. International/Overseas visitation for leisure travel purposes is still not permitted at this time.
If you are unwell, a COVID -19 test can be booked online at www.interiorhealth.ca and by following the link to "Book a Covid-19 Test”. Alternatively, the Test Booking Phone line can be reached by calling 1-877-740-7747. Our testing centre is in Sparwood. We can now test for COVID-19 by a saline gargle test for persons over the age of 4.
To ensure the stop of spreading any cold, flu or viruses, including COVID-19: