Top 20 Winter Things to Do
No excuses to be bored in Fernie this winter. These are our top 20 things to do this season.
2. Visit Historic Downtown lined with century-old heritage buildings and unique shops, restaurants and cafes
7. Stop by the Fernie Distillers and Fernie Brewing Company to sample local spirits and brews
9. Enjoy local live music every night of the week at Fernie’s various pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants
10. Experience winter wonderland on snowshoe on many of Fernie’s trails or take a guided tour with Wild Nature Tours or Fernie Alpine Resort
11. Take the kids to the Vogue Movie Theatre, Heritage Library, Aquatic Centre or Cultural Saturdays at The Arts Station
15. Take in unique regular evening entertainment such as Indie Films, Beers & Queers, Tarot Readings, Poker Tournys, Trivia Nights, DJ Club, Bingo, Jam Nights, Meat Draw, Vinyl Appreciation, Karaoke, and more
16. Rent skates and enjoy the outdoor rink by the Aquatic Centre or public skating at the Memorial Arena.
17. Book a scenic snowcat ride for a gourmet lunch at Island Lake Lodge. Add a cross-country ski or snowshoe around the stunning lake, and complete your day with a spa session.
18. Experience the Vodka Ice Bar at Cirque Restaurant or Apres Ski live music at Rusty Edge or Griz Bar, at Fernie Alpine Resort
19. Rent a fatbike and go ride the local town singletracks or the groomed loop at Fernie Alpine Resort.