Great fun for the whole family at the annual sled drag races.
One of the biggest and most entertaining events on the Fernie sledding calendar, great fun for the whole family! All details to be announced.
Admission $10, Youth under 14 FREE.
Come on out for one of Fernie’s fastest and loudest events of the year! Watch as racers battle it out on a prepared snow track with specialized, high-performance snowmobiles in head to head competition!
NB: This event requires good snow coverage at low elevations and is subject to change without notice.
Find us at 1800 Railway Avenue!
Registration is open from 8am to 11am. There is a $20 racer fee + $20 insurance charge. Races start at 11am. Contestants must be 16 years of age (with the exception of the Kitty Cat Races). Racers under the age of 16 must have written consent from their legal guardian Tether switch is required in Mountain and Open Modified Class. No traction devices in any class.
1. Stock: Stock engine, exhaust pipe, suspension & track, Minor clutch modifications ok and can be allowed. Pump gas only.
2. Improved: Internal engine porting, pipes, reeds two chassis mods IE: Rolled chaincase lightweight suspension.
3. Mountain: "Run what you brung" Must fit c size for class must have a minimum 1.5” lug track. Big bores must run inappropriate class (ie. 860 runs in 900 mountain)
4. Turbo Stock: Stock Sled with aftermarket turbo kit installed. 2 Chassis mods allowed, suspension changes, lightweight hood or seat allowed, no big bores, pump fuel only.
5. Turbo Mountain: Anything with a turbo goes except for N02.
6. Open Mod: Anything goes.
7. Safety: All sleds must have a working kill switch, snow flap, clutch guard, Rubber tracks only and no traction devices on any sled.
8. Technical Inspections: All sleds must be inspected prior to setting the class. The Race Committee reserves the right to perform engine compression tests/ port inspection on stock, improved and mountain top three sleds in all classes.
THIS RACE IS BASED ON FUN, WE APPRECIATE HONESTY, PLEASE READ THE RULES, IF ANYONE IS FOUND TO BE CHEATING OR “BENDING THE RULES” YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED AND NOT INVITED BACK. FUEL WILL BE TESTED IN ALL STOCK CLASSES.