An endurance race with a twist - strategy, fuel management, and teamwork will all matter here.
The Lone Wolf is a trail running challenge in Fernie, BC. A simple, fun, looped race. But there’s a catch. Racers start together on the hour as a pack, needing to finish the loop within the hour. As when the next hour strikes, the race starts again, in the opposite direction. The goal? To complete as many loops as you can. So, do you think you can outrun the pack and become The Lone Wolf?
Online Registration opens April 15th, 10am MDT. Spaces in each division category are limited.
LONE WOLF: $100
Tackle the challenge solo
COYOTES: $200 ($100/pp)
COUGARS: $200 ($100/pp)
Same as Coyotes, with a combined age of 80 or over.
PUPS: $70 ($35/pp)
2-person team with a combined age of under 32 or under.
NB: Coyote or Cougar teams including a minor participant, please contact the organisers to have the minor's entry fee adjusted to the pup price.
- The route for 2022 is the same as 2019, approx 6.8km with around 220m elevation gain
- See the route on STRAVA
- 'Last Man Standing' format, easy enough to complete within the cutoff time for most, however pacing and tactics will come into play as the day goes on.
- Racers will have 1 hour to complete the loop and be ready to start the next loop on the hour. If you miss the cutoff, you’re out and you remain in the den.
- Start/Finish DEN location: Elk Valley Nordic Centre, 500 Mt Fernie Park Road.
- Well-stocked aid station.
- Easy logistics for one drop bag at the base.
- Full details and updates ONLINE
- Expect the rules to change after midnight - you have been warned!
- Lone Wolf (solo)
- Coyotes (2-person team)
- Cougars (2-person team combined age of >80)
- Pups (2-person team combined age of 32 or under)
Race Day Schedule
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2022
7 - 8am: Late check-in at The Den, Fernie Nordic Centre
8:45am: Compulsory start line briefing at The Den, Fernie Nordic Centre
9am: RACE START
Race Entry includes:
- The Lone Wolf awesome shirt from Gi'ver Shirtworks
- Finish Line Beer from Fernie Brewing Company
- Fantastic Finishers medals and Top 3 Trophies by Wild Wolves Design
- Fully stocked Aid Station in The Den
- Entry fee also includes a donation to the Fernie Trails Alliance to go towards Fernie's amazing trail network