COVID-19 has had a dramatic impact on tourism in Fernie around the globe.
Tourism Fernie's Road to Recovery plan concentrates on restarting Fernie’s tourism economy as travel restrictions ease this summer and fall. BC's Restart Plan was recently announced by Premier Horgan and Tourism Fernie assumes the easing of travel restrictions will begin in June as a phased approach by the provincial government.
Objectives of Tourism Fernie's Road to Recovery Plan for spring/summer/fall are:
- To collaboratively support tourism businesses with quality information and tools in aiding their path to opening, readiness and recovery.
- To align messaging and timing with local stakeholders
- To create awareness that Fernie is open for tourism based on provincial/local health directives, tourism product availability and capacity.
- To encourage and develop more local tourism. Be a tourist in your own community.
- To help visitors understand what Fernie’s current tourism experience is and how Fernie will/can meet their needs and concerns.
- To promote overnight visitation, create leads for accommodators that result in bookings and as a result bring visitor spending back to all other local businesses/organizations.
View the complete overview of the plan
For more details please contact Jikke Gyorki, Executive Officer at 250-430-7878
View our COVID-19 community information page