The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities.
Whether you are interested in a 30-minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. We have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley.
Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available. Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local environment.
- Sunday July 1st & Sunday August 26th - BIG WHITE PEAK
Full day hike, challenging terrain
This hike begins on the Spineback Trail then continues on unmarked slopes at the far reaches of the Cedar Valley. Big White is found in the back of the second basin through a steep scree-slope leading to the widest and least steep access point. This is the only access to the Lizard Ranges’ ridge crest above Island Lake Lodge.
2018 Guided Hiking Rates:
- On Property/Interpretive Hike – $45 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Off Property/Full Day Hike – $99 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
- Overnight Hikes - $300 for 2 people with food. Additional people $50 each.
2018 Sunday Guided Hiking Schedule
Call lodge to book 250-423-3700
- July 1st - Big White Peak (Glacier lilies are out!)
- July 15th - Heiko's Trail
- July 29th - Goldilocks - Grand Opening
- August 5th - Heiko's Trail (Primetime for Alpine Wildflowers)
- August 12th - Heiko's Trail (Primetime for Alpine Wildflowers)
- August 19th - Goldilocks
- August 26th - Big White Peak
- September 9th - Heiko's Trail
- September 16th - Lizard Lake
Make sure to schedule time to enjoy lunch or dinner at the lodge or stay for a night and enjoy the most relaxing B&B experience in Fernie.