Fun for all the family, all winter long!
- Lunch: enjoy a leisurely hour at Legend's Restaurant - the perfect spot for the family to plan the week's activities.
- New to Fernie? Book a guided mountain tour with a knowlegable local guide who will show you some great runs to try and entertain with stories of the mountain.
- Dinner: venture off the mountain for some great family dining at Bridge Bistro.
Day 2: New side or Old side?
- Fans of Fernie Alpine Resort are firmly split into one camp or the other, will you fall in love with the perfect powder runs in Cedar bowl and the fantastic family skiing of the Lizard bowl, or will you prefer the gorgeous gladed skiing of Timber bowl, challenging chutes in Currie bowl and sublime Siberia bowl? Spend the morning exploring the 'Old side' via the Elk Quad, Bear & Boomerang Chairs and Haul back T-bar.
- Lunch: take the Timber Chair to the Lost Boys Café before checking out the 'New side' - make sure to take a trip up the Polar Peak Chair for 360º views of the stunning Rocky Mountains that surround Fernie.
- Dinner: sink into a giant leather couch by the open fire at Lizard Creek Lodge and enjoy some tasty family fare as you all vote for your favourite side!
Day 3: Master the mountain
- Live the rockstar lifestyle with an early morning private tour - the First Tracks program starts with a hearty breakfast then whisks you away to the top of the mountain to reach the best of the day's powder before anyone else. Great for experienced families, or take a Family Camp private lesson to get everyone the skills they need to truly master the mountain.
- Lunch: Grab a quick bite at Rusty Edge located in the Griz Inn by the Resort Village
- Dinner: Loaf is a popular spot in Historic Downtown Fernie with a great Mediterranean-inspired menu to suit the whole family, including a Little Loafers menu.
Day 4: Explore Fernie's historic downtown
Day 5: The gentler side of snow
- Have a Nordic Skiing adventure - pick from one of 5 distinct Nordic Skiing trail systems located at the Fernie Golf Course, Fernie Alpine Resort, Montane, Fernie Nordic Centre or Island Lake Catskiing.
- In the afternoon, take a walk on the wild side with Wild Nature Tours. Fascinating snowshoe tours of the local area with an experienced and knowledgeable guide and a tasty treat and warm beverage along the way.
- Don't forget to pack a lunch, or there's plenty of great take-out options at the lunch spots on Day 4.
- Dinner: Check out the new Smokehouse located in Red tree Lodge with a tasty menu at great prices.
Bonus feature: On Day 5, upgrade to the Winter Catride and Lunch with Island Lake Catskiing for a spectacular treat. Take in the majestic peaks as you snowshoe or nordic ski around the lodge and frozen lake or relax in the spa and then enjoy a sumptuous lunch in the massive log lodge.
Accommodation: There's so much to choose from in Fernie! Visit our Accommodation pages to find the perfect spot for you and your budget, including everything from hostels, motels and B&Bs to luxury & family-friendly hotels, expansive condos and spectacular mountain homes located in town, on mountain and inbetween!