Add this to your bucket list!
Day 1-2: Warm up time!
- Take the time to warm up — your knees will be glad you did! Spend a day or two at Fernie Alpine Resort and stick to the groomed runs to practice your skills — there will be plenty of time to enjoy the powder later. Book a lesson or steep and deep camp for extra in-depth preparation.
- Have a little more time to prepare? Book a 2-week Ski improvement or 1-week Ready to Heli course with Nonstop Ski & Snowboard and learn to master the mountain.
- Plan a day or two at FWA Catskiing — based on the Morrissey Ridge to the south-west of Fernie, this operation offers mostly day-trips on their incredible gladed terrain. A rustic cabin is perfect for groups looking for a multi-day experience.
- Dinner: Savour classic Canadian cuisine and a little bit of luxury at Cirque Restaurant at Lizard Creek Lodge. Finish off with an Ice Bar experience to celebrate the start of your catskiing adventure.
Day 3-6: An all-inclusive adventure at Island Lake Catskiing
- Iconic, classic, luxurious Island Lake Catskiing is the place ski dreams are made of. Just a short drive from Fernie through a magnificent old-growth cedar forest, Island Lake Lodge sits nestled between the Lizard Range, Mt Baldy, and Mt Fernie. The sheltered location provides the perfect conditions for the lightest, fluffiest, powder snow you can hope to experience.
- Choose from a 2-, 3- or 4-day package - book early, seats sell out fast.
- Gourmet dining: all meals are included. The 3,000 bottle wine cellar and fully stocked cocktail bar will keep the most discerning tastes satisfied.
- Powder skis or snowboards are included and Nordic skiing equipment and snowshoes are available for guest use.
- Luxurious accommodation features sumptuous beds and simple, Rocky Mountain decor for peaceful, relaxing nights of rest. There are no TVs or phones in the room, however, wifi and cell service are available throughout the property.
- Additional services available for an extra fee include the sumptuous day spa facility, professional photography & videography of your day.
Bonus feature: Relax with a spa day at the downtown Spa at 901 before or after your catskiing trip. 3,300 sq ft of custom designed space includes single & couples treatment rooms with private showers and soaker tubs, relaxation rooms, infra-red sauna and large outdoor whirlpool plus beauty treatment facilities.
Accommodation: Your accommodation is included at Island Lake Catskiing but if you require additional nights before or after your visit, there's no shortage of luxury condos, hotel accommodations and spectacular mountain homes located in town, on mountain and inbetween.