Historical Summer Walking Tours in beautiful downtown Fernie.
Allow time before or after your walking tour to explore the Museum. The building itself is an important example of Fernie's beautiful architecture and features the permanent exhibition: 'This is our Fernie', Visitor Information Centre and an airy exhibition gallery on the 2nd floor featuring special exhibits & events. Public washrooms are available on each floor.
The Fernie Museum & Visitor Information Centre is located in one of Fernie's distinctive heritage buildings in Historic Downtown Fernie at 491 2nd Ave.
SUMMER TOUR SERIES
- Historical Walking Tours - View & Download PDF of Self-Guided Tour Map
- On the surface, Fernie might seem like any mountain town: beautiful vistas, interesting shops, and over 90 accessible hiking and biking trails. But if you dig a little deeper, you will discover a rich and dramatic history.
Join one of our knowledgeable local guides for a 90-minute walking tour of historic downtown Fernie. Explore the stories of movers and shakers, rumrunners, devastating fires, coal mining disasters and legends of a Ktunaxa curse and discover how these people and events have helped to shape Fernie as we see it today.
Our guides will also share the inside scoop of where to find the right memento, a perfect latte or a great place to eat in our community. We endeavour to make your stay in Fernie, whether long or short, a truly memorable experience.
- Every Saturday & Sunday June 8 - September 1, plus first Monday in July, August & September
- Tours will take place in all weather conditions.
- Please wear appropriate footwear for walking outside on slightly uneven ground.
- A weatherproof warm jacket and an umbrella are encouraged.
- Tours depart at 11am, 1pm & 3pm (most days) and last approx 90 minutes.
- Tickets $10