Polar Peak - The top of the range
At over 2100 meters, Polar Peak provides stunning 360-degree panoramic views of the surrounding area. Starting at the Timber Express chair (single ride lift ticket included), you climb up through Lost Boys Pass to the top of Elephant Head. From there, we will hike to Polar Peak along the Timber Bowl and Currie Bowl ridgeline. The trail offers spectacular views of Fernie, the Alberta border, and Lake Koocanusa.
PLEASE NOTE: this hike is for adventurous and experienced hikers.
- The route has a short section with a feeling of exposure, a steep section with a wire cable to hold on to, and it is on uneven & rugged terrain.
- Hiking footwear is required.
- Polar Peak Hikes are full day excursions, approximately 5-6 hours 4 hours in length.
- Polar Peak is a challenging hike with significant elevation changes and some scrambling required.
Cost, including scenic chairlift ride: $174 + GST
Open to guests 17 years of age and older
A minimum of 6 guests are needed to run the hike (maximum 10 guests)
Also offered on July 15th & September 2nd
Call 250-423-2406 to book, or download the BOOKING FORM and email to email@example.com.
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- Camera & Binoculars
- Additional clothing layers to allow for changes in temperature/conditions (waterproofs, sweater, hat)
- Sturdy, comfortable footwear
The 2023 Summer Speciality Guided Hiking Series:
JULY 2: Mountain Wildflowers
JULY 15, AUGUST 5 & SEPTEMBER 2: Polar Peak* (Full day 5-6 Hours)
JULY 16: A 380-million-year-old history lesson: Fossils & Geology
JULY 30: The all-natural foodie tour: Berries & Other Useful Plants
AUGUST 13: Creatures of the Forest: Birds & Wildlife
AUGUST 27: The secret history of trees: Forestry
OTHER HIKES, available by reservation:
- Half day hikes at Fernie Alpine Resort
- Old Growth Magical Forest (easy)
- Megasauras/Bike Thief loop (moderate-advanced)
- Full day hikes at Fernie Alpine Resort
- Griz Face (moderate-hard)
FERNIE ALPINE RESORT THIS SUMMER:
2023 Elk Chairlift Schedule: Daily from 10.30am-4.30pm & until 7pm on Thursday
2023 Timber Charlift Schedule: 10:30am - 4pm, July 1st, August 5th & 6th, September 2nd
Fernie Alpine Resort's Summer Activities and Attractions include:
- Bike Park with 37 marked trails from beginner to expert featuring berms, bridges, ladders, stunts, bumps and flowy downhill rides
- Full service resort rentals
- Bike clinics, camps, lessons and special events, including the SCOTT Wednesday afternoon Kids/Junior and Thursday Night Adult race series
- Dedicated hiking trails
- Nature Bob's Interpretive Centre
- Guided hiking
- Scenic chairlift rides
- Kids Forest Playground
- Sports Alpine Retail Store with clothing, souvenirs, drinks, snacks & gear
- Kelsey's Restaurant for family friendly dining and patio relaxing