The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities.
Whether you are interested in a 30-minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. We have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley. Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available.
Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all-day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local environment.
Sundays, August 11th & 18th
9.5 km, elevation gain 640 m
5 - 6 hrs
A winding trail leading through sub-alpine meadows up to the Baby Bear Peak.
Highlights: Spectacular valley views and ever-changing landscapes as you ascend from forest to peak.
Call lodge to book 250-423-3700
2019 Guided Hiking Rates:
- Half Day Hike – $49 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Full Day Hike – $109 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
- Overnight Hikes - $300 for 2 people. Additional people $50 each.
2019 Sunday Guided Hiking Schedule
- July 14th - Heiko's Trail
- July 28th - Big White Peak
- August 4th - Heiko's Trail (Primetime for Alpine Wildflowers)
- August 11th - Spineback/Goldilocks
- August 18th - Heiko's Trail
- August 25th - Spineback/Goldilocks
- September 8th - Heiko's Trail
Make sure to schedule time to enjoy lunch or dinner at the lodge, relax in the Spa or stay for a night and enjoy the most beautiful B&B experience in Fernie.