A collection of works by Calgary artist, Gordon Milne inspired by live sketches of the Alberta Ballet.
- Begin your evening with an exclusive, intimate dinner hosted by Gordon Sombrowski, artist Gordon Milne and Yukichi Hattori, Artistic Director of Hattori | Williamson School of Ballet, at Park Place Lodge. Each course will be sourced from local and regionally sourced producers and paired with BC wines selected by Gordon Sombrowski.
- The Fernie Family Centre is transformed into a ballet studio for an elegant cocktail reception beginning at 8:00 pm with music by the Hearts Content Classical Ensemble, a signature cocktail sponsored by Fernie Distillers, an open wine bar and canapes hosted by Park Place Lodge.
The highlight of the evening will be a performance of a new work, Reverence, choreographed by Yukichi Hattori, Artistic Director of the Hattori | Williamson School of Ballet based in Calgary, Alberta while artist Gordon Milne creates a large-scale painting of the dancers. The resulting painting will be auctioned off that evening along with two additional framed works by Milne and an exclusive package to see Ballet BC perform at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary. Guests will then have an opportunity to meet the dancers and artist at their tables.
Tickets, see links below.
Thursday, November 1st | GALLERY OPENING
- Free admission & appetizers | cash bar | All welcome | Artists in Attendance
- Over a period of 17 years, Gordon Milne has attended company class each week to draw the dancers of Alberta Ballet. This ongoing relationship has inspired a very distinctive feel to his drawings and paintings celebrating movement in dance. The exhibit features numerous studies and drawings completed in the ballet studio along with 12 large scale works which demonstrate the quest for the perfect line by both dancer and artist.
- Exhibit on display until March 31st, 2019. Open 7 days, 10 am - 5:30 pm. (Except Nov 11, Dec 25-26 and January 1)
Saturday, November 3rd | EN POINTE: A NIGHT AT THE BALLET GALA RECEPTION and DINNER
- 5:30 PM: Gala Dinner at Park Place Lodge | Tickets $125 | 4 courses with paired wines | Hosted by Gordon Sombrowski, includes reception to follow:
- 8:00 PM: Gala Reception at Fernie Family Centre | $50 per person or $250 for a table of 6 | Includes first cocktail, open wine bar, and canapes by Park Place Lodge | featuring live painting and performance
Presented by: Fernie Museum | Alberta Ballet | Province of BC | BC Arts Council | Columbia Basin Trust | Kootenay Columbia Cultural Alliance | Rockies Law | Park Place Lodge | Gordon Milne Fine Art | Scotiabank | Fernie Distillers | Patti's Party Tent and Event Rental