"If you want peace, you can have peace" -Thich Nhat Hanh
This 3-day series will be all about connecting meditation and yoga in a contemporary way. Learn to ground yourself in feelings of meaningfulness, balance, and connection.
Sunday, September 22nd & Monday September 23rd
INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION
8:30am - 12:30pm daily
- Meditation is the only tool for us to quiet our minds that is effective and long term.
- Spend two days learning not to try to silence a mind that wants to go a hundred different directions simultaneously, but rather how to sit with and not attach to this chaos.
- Through this practice we start to relate to life directly, so that we truly experience the present moment free from baggage and anxiety.
Monday, September 23rd
INTRODUCTION TO THE CHAKRAS
2:30 - 4:30pm
- The Chakras are mysterious and yet they play a major role in how things play out in our lives.
- There are 7 major chakras in the body and each has an influence in how we move through the world and create relationships.
- Discover how chakra imbalances can shift our power, our body and all of our successes and our failures.
- Following discussion embark on a yoga practice experience designed to open, explore and balance your chakras.
Tuesday, September 24th
THE ALIGNMENT OF SUN SALUTATIONS
6 - 8pm
- Whether you're new to yoga or you've been on the mat for years, breaking down the poses into all of their minor elements can deepen your practice and improve your experience. We'll learn proper breath, where your limbs should go, how to "float" and more!
- Many yoga classes will begin with a series of sun salutations (traditionally called surya namaskar), which are a sequence of movements that serve to strengthen and lengthen most muscles in the body, while also helping to sync your movement and breath to calm your nervous system.
- This workshop is designed to help you with your sun salutation by teaching you Sun Salutation A, B & C and by offering tips on alignment, how to move from one pose to the next and using the breath to create flow.