Level 2 Certification with Elk Valley Snow Shepherds.
Have fun, gain confidence and get home safely. Elk Valley Snow Shepherds professional instructors, accredited with the Canadian Avalanche Association, can teach you the snowmobile specific skills required for travel in backcountry terrain.
Courses follow the curriculum developed by Avalanche Canada. Participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion.
Avalanche Skills Training Level 1: $750 REGISTER ONLINE
- 4 days: 7 hours classroom + 3 field day
- "THE" course for all sledders travelling in mountain terrain
- Build on foundational skills learned in the AST1 program.
- Learn progressive planning and travel techniques.
- Develop your proficiency in the personal terrain ratings using the Danger Rating and the ATES model for carrying out group rescue.
Elk Valley Snow Shepherds offer snowmobile skills & safety courses throughout the winter:
AVALANCHE SKILLS TRAINING COURSES:
- Snowmobile Avalanche Skills Training LEVEL 1: Dec 14-15, 2019, Dec 26-27, 2019, Jan 18-19, 2020
- Snowmobile Avalanche Skills Training LEVEL 2: Feb 15-18, 2020
SNOWMOBILE RIDING CLINICS:
- Youth & Family Backcountry Safety Clinic: Jan 4, 2020
- Novice Riding Clinic with Pro-Clinicians & Ski Doo Ambassadors Stephanie Schwartz and Dave Norona: Jan 11-12 or Mar 7-8, 2020
- Ladies Only (all abilities) Clinic with Pro-Clinician & Ski Doo Ambassador Stephanie Schwartz: Feb 8-9, 2020
- Advanced Riding Clinic with Pro-Clinicians & Ski Doo Ambassadors Stephanie Schwartz and Dave Norona: Jan 11-12 or Mar 7-8, 2020